I have a love/hate relationship with my slow cooker. I love the idea of having dinner waiting for me when I get home, but I’m the worst at actually getting the slow cooker going in the morning before I leave for work. This Chicken Curry is so easy and requires minimal prep. To make it even easier, I like to go ahead and put everything, minus the chicken, in the slow cooker insert the night before, then stick it in the fridge. The next morning, all I have to do is take the insert out of the fridge and add the frozen chicken. We like to eat it with naan, rice, quinoa, or roasted cauliflower.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, frozen
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can tomatoes- stewed (or diced work fine too!)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Shred the chicken before serving.
Recipe slightly adapted from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe