I’ve been making these homemade fish sticks since the kids were toddlers, and they’re still one of our favorites!
- Tilapia- 6 fillets
- Egg Whites- 4
- Whole Wheat Panko Bread Crumbs- 3 Cups
- Grated Parmesan Cheese- 1/2 Cup
- Salt & Pepper
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Lay an oven-safe wire rack over the foil-lined baking sheet. Spray the rack with non-stick spray.
Cut the fish fillets into 4 pieces (down the middle horizontally, and then down the middle vertically, like a cross). Season the fish with salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, beat the egg whites. In a separate bowl, mix the panko, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, and the Parmesan cheese.
Dip the fish in the egg, and then in the panko mixture. Press it into the panko so it sticks! Lay the fish on the wire rack. Spray the top of the fish with cooking spray.
Bake 10 minutes. Flip the fish, and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- I get the Whole Wheat Panko at Walmart, but if you can’t find it, regular Panko works just fine!
- I use Avocado Oil Cooking Spray, but any type of cooking spray will work!
- These are the wire racks I use.
This Post Contains affiliate links.