I shared my Chicken Quinoa Taco Bowls on an Instant Pot Facebook page and got such great reviews that I started playing around with the recipe and came up with this ground turkey version. I think I like it even more than the chicken version (I promise it tastes better than it looks!)!
I love having meals in the freezer that I can grab on my way out the door and take to work with me. This is great for that! I make a batch, let it cool a little, then pack it directly into freezer safe containers!
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground turkey (ground beef would work too!)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 Cup salsa
- 2 Cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 3 Cup water or broth
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- Toppings (optional): shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, avocado, black olives, tortillas, tortilla chips, extra salsa.
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot and turn it on high. When it’s hot, add the oil. Add the meat, and cook a few minutes, stirring and breaking it up with a spoon, until browned. Turn the pot off. Sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano, and stir well. Add the beans and salsa. Add the quinoa, and then cover with the water/broth.
- Secure the lid on the Instant Pot, making sure the valve is set to “seal” and not “vent.” Set to pressure cook on high for 1 minute.
- When the time is up, turn the pot off and let it sit for 10 minutes before releasing any remaining pressure. Don’t let it go longer than 10 minutes, or it will get mushy!
- Add the corn to the pot and stir (the heat from the mixture will warm the corn up).
- Serve with your favorite taco fixings!