Quick, easy, healthy, one pot, AND delicious? This is what my dreams are made of, you guys! I played around with the Chicken Taco Bowls and came up with this version that uses quinoa instead of rice. My husband and I ate it in bowls with tortilla chips on the side, and the kiddos made burritos out of it. Everyone had seconds!
It took about 30 minutes, start to finish! No prep, just dump everything in the pot!
- About 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Cup salsa
- 1 Cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 Cup water or broth
- 1 Cup frozen corn
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot Insert. Sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Add the beans. Pour salsa over everything. Add the quinoa, and then cover with the water/broth.
- Secure the lid and set to cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes, then quick release pressure.
- Remove the chicken, and shred. Add the corn to the pot and stir (the heat from the mixture will warm the corn up). Return the shredded chicken to the pot. It might look a little “soupy,” but the liquid will absorb as it sits for a few minutes.
- Serve with your favorite taco fixings: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, avocado, tortillas, tortilla chips.
This Post Contains affiliate links.