Ok, let me start off by saying that this makes a TON of food! I’m not even kidding- my Instant Pot has never been so full in its life! So if you’re one of those people that doesn’t like leftovers, I think you could half the recipe just fine. Me on the other hand, I LOVE leftovers! We eat this for dinner just in bowls the first night, then in burritos the next night. The rest gets packed up for lunches, or goes into the freezer for another time. Cook once- eat for days! This would be great to take to a pot luck, or if you’re feeding a crowd!
It seriously could not be easier- you basically dump everything in the pot and set the timer!
*Update* I’ve heard back from several readers that they did cut the recipe in half and it worked great! Just halve all the ingredients, but keep the cooking time the same!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 16 oz salsa
- 3 cups uncooked long grain white rice
- 3 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 (12 oz) bag frozen corn
- Place the chicken in the Instant Pot Insert. Sprinkle with the chili powder, cumin, salt, paprika, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano. Add the beans. Pour salsa over everything. Add the rice, and then cover with the water or chicken broth.
- Secure the lid and set to cook on manual high pressure for 12 minutes, then quick release pressure.
- Remove the chicken, and shred. Add the corn to the pot and stir (the heat from the rice will warm the corn up). Return the shredded chicken to the pot.
- Serve with your favorite taco fixings: shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, salsa, jalapenos, avocado.
Recipe adapted from Wondermom Wannabe
This Post Contains affiliate links.